Your Guide to NECANN 2017
The New England Cannabis Convention (#NECANN17) is coming up on April 22-23 at Hynes Convention Center — and we want to make sure you’re ready for it! With more than 200 exhibitors and over 100 industry expert speakers, this is going to be the largest and most significant cannabis industry event of the year.
With so much to see and learn, we know it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Don’t worry, Lighthouse is here for you. Here’s a quick run down of 10 businesses to watch from this year’s New England Cannabis Convention:
- BloomBoss — Looking for high quality LED grow lights? BloomBoss has you covered. Located in Framingham, MA, this local company has been perfecting the art of LED lights since 2010.
- CW Hemp — Charlotte’s Web created a hemp oil extract bred from their own unique strain of hemp intended to improve overall health and wellness. Strong believers in social responsibility, CW donates a portion of each purchase to the Realm of Caring Foundation for cannabis science and cannabinoid therapies research.
- CannaKorp — Have you heard of the ‘Keurig for Cannabis’? That was this MA-based startup! Dedicated to simplifying and improving the cannabis experience for medical marijuana users, CannaKorp created the first single-use pod and vaporizer system.
- Coast of Maine — You can’t grow anything without good soil, and good soil is exactly what Coast Of Maine specializes in. All Coast of Maine products are organic and locally sourced, to ensure that your plants have the nutrients they need to grow and thrive.
- New England Veterans Alliance — NEVA is here to support those who have already sacrificed so much. The non-profit aims to help veterans improve their quality of life through more natural means while reducing reliance on pharmaceutical options.
- Urban-Gro, LLC — Urban-Gro is a one stop shop for commercial growers. With lighting, pest management, fertigation, and water treatment solutions, urban-gro helps commercial cannabis growers grow better, more uniform plants.
- New England Grass Roots Institute — Want to learn more about how cannabis can be used for medical purposes? Interested in the latest scientific cannabis research? Formed by activists, the New England Grass Roots Institute hopes to educate the public on how marijuana can be used for holistic health enrichment.
- Kushley LLC — Designed with discretion in mind, Kushley created several different products, including candles, sprays, lotions, and soaps to help eliminate the odor of marijuana. Plus, they’re all organic!
- HISIERRA Compliant Packaging — HISIERRA prides themselves on being a sustainable and socially responsible company. Their CRREO style bags are not only made from natural sugar cane, their entire cannabis bag factory also runs on 100% wind generated electricity. As an added bonus, the bags are also certified child resistant.
- MassCann/NORML — With all of the uncertainty surrounding the cannabis industry these days, it’s good to know that the people of MassCann and NORML are constantly advocating for ‘more moral and rational public policy regarding all uses of the cannabis plant’. Sounds good to us!
If you’ll be at NECANN this year, make sure to stop by the Lighthouse booth to say ‘Hi’! We’ll be there all weekend learning, networking, and of course, talking all about insurance for cannabusinesses!